1600C: Risk-based Thinking in ISO/IEC 17025:2017 - June 12, 2019 - Edmonton
Date: June 12, 2019
Time: 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
One of the key changes in ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is to use risk-based thinking in the laboratory's management system. This course will look at what risk-based thinking is, and how to apply it to your management system.
Who should attend
For all laboratory staff who participate in the operation of the laboratory quality system:
- Conducting testing or calibration
- Supporting laboratory activities
- Managing the laboratory quality system
- Conducting internal audits
- Training laboratory staff
- Managing the laboratory
This half-day course delves into the concept of risk-based thinking and how it can be applied to your laboratory management system. It will look at what is meant by risk-based thinking, ways to implement risk-based thinking, and examples of how to demonstrate where your lab is using risk-based thinking.
This courses uses lectures, discussions, and exercises, including case studies.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Describe risk-based thinking
- Identify the clauses in ISO/IEC 17025:2017 that specifically require looking at risk
- Identify areas of the management system where risk-based thinking can be used
- Apply risk-based thinking to their management system
Will be available closer to the date of the training.