Highlights of the changes to ISO/IEC 17025
Are you looking for a course to train your general laboratory staff on the changes to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and how they will affect your laboratory? CALA's Highlights of the changes to ISO/IEC 17025 course provides the details you need to train your staff. It can be customized to include an overview of changes you are implementing in your laboratory.
This course is currently only being offered as an on-site course. It can be delivered with an instructor at your site, or virtually. For more information or to obtain a quote, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-233-5300 x221.
The Highlights of the changes to ISO/IEC 17025 course outlines the major changes to ISO/IEC 17025 and is directed at the general laboratory staff. It provides a review of selected changes to the Standard that may impact the general staff at the laboratory, with minimal reference to tedious clauses and clause numbers. It uses easy to understand language and concepts, and guided exercises to build understanding. The rationale behind the changes is also provided, which will prepare your staff for the changes to your management system prompted by the new revision of the Standard.
Who should attend
This course is intended for general laboratory staff who operate under the laboratory management system:
- Personnel conducting testing or calibration at all levels such as analysts, lab technicians and instrument operators, scientific professionals
- Supporting laboratory activities at all levels, such as sample reception, reporting, purchasing, quality
- Any other personnel of the laboratory not captured in the above.
This course looks at selected changes to the Standard as it applies to general staff in the laboratory. It outlines the changes and the background to the changes in an understandable way, with a minimum of reference to clauses and technical terms. It is intended to provide an accessible overview of the changes, that will prepare the general laboratory staff member for changes to their management system resulting from the revision to the Standard.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the new structure of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard
- Understand the concept of risk-based thinking
- Interpret the new or changed requirements as it applies to their role in the laboratory
- Understand the rationale behind the changes
- Be prepared for the changes they may see in the laboratory management system as a result to the revision to the Standard