1011C: ISO/IEC 17025:2017 - What's New or Different? - November 4, 2019 - Halifax
Date: November 4, 2019
Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm local time each day
Learn about the changes to ISO/IEC 17025. This course provides a comprehensive review of the changes from the 2005 version of the standard to the new revision of ISO/IEC 17025. You will get the details on what is new, what has been revised, and the impact to your quality system.
Prerequisite: Knowledgeable about ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
Note: if you have not applied ISO/IEC 17025 in your laboratory, look at Understanding ISO/IEC 17025:2017 instead. It covers the full standard, not just the recent changes.
Who should attend
For all laboratory staff who are familiar with ISO/IEC 17025:2005, and who participate in the operation of the laboratory quality system:
- Conducting testing or calibration
- Supporting laboratory activities
- Managing the laboratory quality system
- Training laboratory staff
- Managing the laboratory
This course looks at the differences between ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and ISO/IEC 17025:2017. It covers the structure of the new standard, provides details on the new requirements, and changed requirements, and looks at the steps to transition to compliance with the new standard.
This is a one-day course.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the structure of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard
- Describe the changes in the approach to the revised standard
- Interpret the new or changed requirements as it applies to their laboratory
- Conduct a gap analysis to prepare for the transition to the revised standard
- Apply the requirements of the revised standard to the laboratory management system
Will be available closer to the date of the training.